TBA: THE BOGACK ATTACK BLOG

Hawkeye Football, Cubs Baseball and More. What The, What The...Hey!

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Derek Lee Gets My MVP Vote. F-The AL.





Let's Look at the Stats:

Derek Lee: .335 BA 46 HR 107 RBI
1B, Chicago Cubs

Albert Pujols: .330 BA 41 HR 117 RBI
1B, St. Louis Cardinals

Andruw Jones: .263 51 HR 128 RBI
CF, Atalanta Braves

Jeff Bogacki: .738 2 HR 20 RBI
SS/3B , Consolidated Construction Services (Arlington County Men's Slowpitch Champs)

Albert Pujols is a beast and I really liked the piece that Sportscenter ran about him giving a bunch of money to charities. He became close friends with this little girl who had Downs Syndrome...told her he would hit a home run for her...of course he did. Great season, He gets my 2nd place vote.

Andruw Jones had a monster season as far as bombs and runs batted in go but no MVP in this day and age can bat .263. I'm sorry, you should be disqualified from the running if you don't bat over .300.

Derek Lee threatened to win the triple crown all season until Andruw Jones decided to start juicing and gain 30 LBS in his head. He won the batting title with nobody in the lineup to protect him. (No offense to Aramis but he's no Jim Edmonds, Scott Rolen or Chipper Jones...yet.) His run support blew and the Cubs had 0 healthy pitchers to help him contend for the division title. So...my vote goes to D.Lee.

Screw the American League: the designated hitter f's up the whole system. How can Papi Ortiz even be considered for the MVP when he doesn't play the field. There is no weak spot in the lienup with the DH so managers don't have to play small ball. Can't intentionally walk anybody or pitch around a power hitter because there is no pitcher to get too. A-Rod had a great season, except when runners were on base or when the game was on the line. I say, give the MVP to Brian Cashman for not getting shot all season or give the AL MVP to D.Lee also just because we need something to cheer about on the North Side.

***On a side note, those really are my softball stats. I tore the cover off the ball in summer league. We just started fall league and I am 2 for 8 with a backwards K. I'm not lying, I struck out looking. Did I mention this was slow pitch softball. Yeah, it was embarrassing.

3 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger Bobbo said...

Looks like you're really rock'n out.

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Bogack Attack said...

That was me when I decided to vote for Derek Lee for MVP. Kidding. That was the Cubs vs. nationals game at RFK. 3 hours rain delay with nothing to do buy booze.

The other guy is my buddy Erik Hubbard from Chicago. He visited Iowa from time to time. You guys probably know him.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Bobbo said...

You know, I really do not like the White Sox. I'm not going to lie or hide it. I've tried to cheer in their favor but I can't, I don't like them and I want them to lose. I don't know why I developed this feeling and its not just because I am a Cubs fan either. I've had this feeling for a while and it feels good to get it off my chest. GO ANGELS!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home