TBA: THE BOGACK ATTACK BLOG

Hawkeye Football, Cubs Baseball and More. What The, What The...Hey!

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

How 'Bout Them Hawkeyes!!!

Big win for the Hawks this week, 56-0 over Ball State. Unfortunately Ball State had 13 players suspended for NCAA violations and 9 of them were starters. The game wasn't fair. 28 points in the first quarter was enough for Drew Tate, Clinton Solomon and all of the Iowa starters as Kirk Ferentz benched everybody. One thing we learned from this weekend was that Albert Young is clearly the best running back on the team. Hopefully Kirk will get the picture and bench Marcus Schnoor. What was he doing out there anyway? Tate & Manson looked good & Solomon's knee should be fine for Iowa State. With losses by #7 Oklahoma and #9 Miami, the Hawkeyes are poised to break into the top 10 this week. I chatted online with Kirk Herbsteit(No really...) last Thursday on espn.com and he said Iowa State should bot be overlooked and if Iowa can beat Iowa State and Ohio State on the road we will win the Big 10. No joke. This is the year boys. Bobbo, start saving your money for a flight in early January.

5 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger Bobbo said...

Bogacki I didn't belive you so I went and looked for myself and found your question and answer with Herbstreit.

"Jeff (DC): Does Iowa have a shot at winning a Big 10 title? Can they beat the Buckeyes on the road?

Kirk Herbstreit: They have a great shot. Drew Tate is coming back and year older. A very physical off. line. They can run the ball. They have one of the best defenses in the country led by Hodge and Greenway. The first four weeks.. at Iowa State, at Ohio State .. will say a lot about their year. If they can get through those two games, they could make a run. Iowa State is a legit threat this year so they can't look ahead to Ohio State."


I think the Iowa State game will be tougher to win than the Ohio State game. There is a lot of emotion going to be in Ames this weekend and those types of games are harder to win than skill games. When we play at Wisconsin it will be the last home game Alveraz will be coaching, another tough win. We truely have a shot to win at Ohio State, I don't think they are as good as people make them.
Good blow out this weekend though.
This is how I want the running back depth at: Albert Young, Shon Green, Marcus Simons, Sam Brownlee, Marcus Schnoor. Sims is sitting out this year at running but should be back in there next year I heard. Lack of depth on the corners. Brownlee has proved himself has year as a dependable, durable back(short yardage only). Simons didn't play this weekend due to a strained muscle. Schnoor-why? I think we will be a threat not only with the running but with the passing also, I hope O'Keefe and pass the ball a little bit more than usual.
I will start saving my pennies and maybe I will have enough to buy food in early January so I can eat while I watch the game.
Also I fucking hate Iowa State and want them dead. It is the only team I actually get pissed at just thinking about them and thier colors and thier horticulture, thier agriculture program. Fuckin Idiots. Fucking fat chicks. What a bunch of pieces of shit. Expect a video later, I can't help it with these fucks.
GO HAWKS!!

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Bogack Attack said...

Coaches Poll is OUT: Iowa is #8

Yeah bitches! When was the last time Iowa was in the top 10 this early in the season?

Bobbo, did you think I was lying about chatting with Herbstreit? You are just jealous because I chat with babes online all day.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Bogack Attack said...

AP Poll is out: Iowa #8.

Way to go boys. Your hard work in the off season is paying off.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Bobbo said...

Nice OT. Bogacki, I believed you I was curious as to the other questions.
Iowa State has Fuck Head Berryman who spent most part of the year in jail. C'mon McCarney kick him off the team. Fuck butts. I just recieved a video which some G-Town fattys are in and I will share with you all, I don't know if you will recognize any Scotty but you have to view it. Fuck You Iowa State....

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Bobbo said...

Two Days left before the game and I can't stand it. I hate Iowa State so much. Greenway did play 3 plays a defensive end in the 2nd quarter and he might play it again to mix things up. Ferentz cleared Allen to play on Saturday. The more I think about this game the more I beleive we will beat the shit out of them.
Keep the Chuuuch in tact and let the dutch flow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home